1. The main problem in governance, economy, etc is uncertainty
2. Economic aspect of Eurasian Economic Union will be complete if countries of Middle Asian countries will be a common economic zone without having common borders
3. GDP distribution is more important that its absolute value, when measuring economic development
4. Education creates gross value added, however there is a gap between labor market and academia
5. It is important to increase integration between Armenia and Artsakh and use the whole economic potential of Artsakh
6. Artsakh has good environment for agriculture (Intensive gardens, smart barns), and huge educational potencial
7. Education is the key for our country's development
8. We don't have good governance, strategic and institutional approach
9. It's important to formulate a vision
Vahagn Kh., Armenia
Այս տիպի միջոցառումները շատ լավ գաղափար են, օրինակ, Հայաստան-Սփյուռք չընդհատվող կապի համար։
Back in July 2020 after the Tavush war, I realized that we, the Armenian diaspora need to do something for Armenia right away. Most Armenians in Diaspora have average paid jobs and unless we combine our resources for a specific well-planned project/s, the resources can be easily dissolved. The initial idea was to streamline the borderline villages in Armenia and Artsakh with building shared infrastructures and services that would motivate the rural population, give them hope about the future, make their lives productive and secure, and even boost tourism. Strong underground shelters; Water /Sewer; Electrical/gas grid/solar power; Rural and inter-village-town roads; Irrigation schemes; Area Center/Farmers Market; Kindergarten/Schools. Many things have changed since then. I however, keep thinking that we in diaspora have to do something NOW, today. The idea is this:
1. Gather likeminded donners, who are willing to commit to a rolling 1-year (or more) monthly contribution of $100.
2. Create a secure website (even thought of a name Մի Ծաղկով Գարուն) for donors, admin and the project team.
3. Find a trustworthy group of professionals who will implement the project/s (I understand the project selection and priorities can be different today).
4. Make all contributions, spending and accomplishments transparent via the website.
5. If one-year pilot is successful continue the initiative for next year/s. These are really high-level points and I am sure many others have suggested similar concepts, but the idea of fixed amount monthly contributions targeted on strategic shared services project/s, and the project implementation transparency might be something that will bring many Armenians together who are eager to do something tangible right away. Some of us have dreams/plans moving back to Armenia one day, working part time for Armenia, etc. These are all good plans, but we need to act now as the circumstances are changing rapidly and we can’t afford delaying what we can do today.
Armine L., USA
In my opinion the best way to unite the diaspora and particularly the younger diaspora is to connect them physically through amazing events and experiences and with purpose. This logically makes sense before trying to unite through purpose alone. Through travel events throughout the world disparate members of our culture come together for fun, unity, and entertainment, and at a cost lower than a regular vacation while supporting Armenian business and causes. It is gaining momentum with millennials and gen z and I would like to share progress and combine efforts if it supports your goal #5, to: Transform the relationship between Armenia and the Diaspora into one based on mutualism and trust.
Rob B., USA
We need to develop minimal and maximal concepts and programs. The minimum is the preservation and evaluation of the existing state. The maximum is that which can be reached in principle and can be achieved in practice.
Այսօր սփյուռքում հայ ուսուցիչների մեծ բաց կա։ Ֆրանսիան ֆրանկոֆոնիայի համակարգն ունի, մենք էլ կարող ենք ստեղծել մի այնպիսի կազմակերպություն, որը, տարբեր երկրներում տեղական պայմաններից օգտվելով, ոչ միայն մտածի ստրատեգիայի մասին, այլև միջոց լինի ուսուցիչներ առաջարկելու համար։
Reading. Goal is that people respect people, people learn setting goals and working towards them. Armenians do not make debts to buy something luxury. People understand life-long learning is feasible and valuable. Networking is not related to bribery and corruption. Armenians make rational decisions.
1. Create lists of 10 books every modern Armenian should read. It should contain books teaching skills/thinking needed in 21st century and books reminding and inspiring Armenians to be Armenians. “Atomic Habits”, “The Art of Thinking Clearly”, “The Art of Good Life”, “Emotional Intelligence”, “Freakonomics”, “The Richest Man in Babylon”,
2. Make reading books available for everyone. In rural communities, school libraries can work for the first time. We need public libraries like in AUA where anyone can read a book, maybe do some homework without being disturbed. We need to make internet accessible for everyone.
Vardan V., Armenia
Cultural education can become the means through which we can educate, as well as teach ways of struggle to our generations.
Անհատական է մոտեցումը, երբ խոսքը վերաբերում է ինքնության պահպանությանը։ Մեծապես ծնողի որոշումից է կախված՝ իր երեխան կխոսի՞ հայերեն, թե՞ ոչ։ Կարևոր է կիրակնօրյա դպրոցի դերը և երիտասարդական զանազան միությունների առկայությունը։ Համայնքների դերը նույնպես կարևոր է։ Պետք է ճիշտ ուղղորդել երեխաներին։
1. There is more or less complete data and statistics on the Armenian energy field from 2015-2016. This is one of the issues we should concentrate on – the availability of complete and transparent information.
2. In comparison to other countries in the region and those with compatible conditions with Armenia, according to indexes of energy security, energy consumption, and environmental stability, Armenia is left behind.
3.Data shows that during the past 10 years Armenia has managed to increase energy generation by 30%, in the meantime the energy loss was decreased as well. There still is much potential for decreasing energy loss.
4. There are problems with reliability of energy supply
5. Energy strategy 2040 drawn by the government includes 70 projects in 11 directions. The conclusion we drive from what we have analyzed is that the country needs to put its efforts into:
Developing industry with high added value;
Boosting energy security and independence;
Increasing operational efficiency and reliability;
Enhancing the stability of tariffs;
Improving transparency, reliability, and availability of data and statistics;
Setting long term ambitions yet realistic targets;
Making the most of the current global energy context to the country’s advantages.
6. Most importantly, the key here is to gather a maximum number of field specialists, have brainstorming sessions and proceed from there
7. Armenia has a big potential in solar energy
8. Hydroenergy resourses are used with their maximum capacity, wind power can be used only in some regions , there is a problem with the wind density
Gaik O., Armenia
A powerful Armenia needs a strategic and innovative development plan, an economic development plan. We need to develop and disseminate state ideology. We claim to have all these, but in reality we are strongly lacking in all three.
Մենք պետք է ունենանք մեկ գաղափար ու մեկ ռազմնավարություն, թե ուր ենք ուզում գնալ։ Կարող ենք ունենալ այս մեկ փաստաթուղթը, բայց կարող ենք նաև ունենալ այդ մեկ նպատակին հասնելու տասը ճանապարհ։